Head of Strategy
Head of Strategy
HEAD OF STRATEGY
at Optimist, Inc / Los Angeles
Optimist is a creative experience agency that bridges the gap between brand culture and human emotion. In a world that’s ever changing, we find innovative ways to move people through unexpected and unforgettable moments. From concept to execution, we blend creative, strategy, design, digital, content, innovation and production to make big ideas a reality all over the world.
As a Head of Strategy at Optimist, you lead the strategic insights and creative thinking that is at the foundation of our work. You’re a dynamic individual who creates a positive force for growth in their people and the agency as a whole. Highly creative, ambitious, and imaginative, you’re as observant about emerging consumer trends as you are efficient in researching, organizing, and synthesizing information. You demonstrate leadership and humility, and are a master in storytelling and effective communication.
The Head of Strategy will report to the Managing Director. Salary range: $170,000 - $220,000
Conceptual Thinking & Strategy: As Head of Strategy you will work on multiple projects, providing strategic insights and conceptual thinking. Using market research, you study the marketplace and make recommendations about how to reach the brief's objectives. Working alongside with various project leads, you will provide best-in-class insights and solutions including, strategic frameworks through concept ideation.
Collaboration & Mentorship: As Head of Strategy, you bring a positive, optimistic mindset that helps us #GSD and execute top-notch creative. As an active member of the agency team you lead by example, advancing the agency’s mission and business. You will lead and mentor junior strategists, and be passionate about working with the upper echelon of global brands.
- Create insight-led marketing briefs in collaboration with relevant teams
- Draft and present materials such as pitch decks, project and creative briefs
- Present dynamic, engaging, and clear briefs internally and with clients
- Ideate and conceptualize solutions where applicable and work with the creative & design team to ensure they meet the strategic intent
- Writing within established style guides and voices with a distinctive tone that gives shape and context to each brief
- Copywriting for various applications such as long copy, short copy, concept decks, etc.
- Monitoring and communicating POV on current marketing and industry issues, as well as all things digital and across social media platforms
- Help Optimist continue to build a culture that defines teamwork by bringing solutions first
- Review deliverables to ensure internal quality standards and client expectations are met
- Foresee challenges and formulate plans to manage and mitigate them, ensuring success of projects
- 10+ years of strategy experience, agency experience is a plus
- Extensive copywriting abilities, with a keen eye for detail
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and organize work on multiple projects
- Expert in experiential, culture, content, digital trends and social media marketing
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, written communication skills
- Ability to dissect culture and unearth deep insights on what moves the cultural needle
- Strong team player with a hunger to contribute to the collective success of the team
- Proactive mindset with ability to work effectively and efficiently with limited supervision
- Excellent business writing skills including editing and proofing, sentence structure and grammar as well as strong proficiency in developing impactful presentations
- Ability to understand complex business information effectively
Who We Are
Optimist is an independent award-winning global agency of creatives, strategists, artists and entrepreneurs who move people, brands and culture forward to create impact. At our core, we celebrate diversity by allowing our distinct viewpoints to shape a shared vision. We're looking for people to join our team who share our commitment to challenging convention and making an impact. Interested candidates may submit a resume, portfolio and cover letter to email@example.com.