Executive Creative Director
Executive Creative Director
EXECUTIVE CREATIVE DIRECTOR
at Optimist, Inc / Los Angeles
Optimist is a creative experience agency that bridges the gap between brand culture and human emotion. In a world that’s ever changing, we find innovative ways to move people through unexpected and unforgettable moments. From concept to execution, we blend creative, strategy, design, digital, content, innovation and production to make big ideas a reality all over the world.
As Executive Creative Director, you are the driving force behind all things creative and responsible for setting the creative tone internally, and with our client partners. The ideal candidate is a proven leader with a deep understanding of the current and emerging media, talent, and popular culture driven landscapes. You are a gifted storyteller, strong mentor and team-builder. Candidates should be strategic, conceptual thinkers who are willing to challenge the status quo, can ideate and execute effectively, and achieve client and partner goals while maintaining our standards of creative excellence, timeliness, and profitability.
The Executive Creative Director role will report to the Managing Director. The salary range for this position is $200,000 - $250,000.
Creative Leadership: Set the vision, collaborate with account management and strategy teams, and drive the team toward innovative and impactful creative output. Partner with agency leadership to identify areas for creative growth. Be a visible, accountable, respected leader within the organization; lead by example and inspire a fearless culture of open communication, healthy debate and supportive teamwork.
Vision & Growth: Serve as a champion of the Creative teams who seeks opportunities to showcase Optimist work among current and prospective clients. Build bridges with decision-making client leadership; exemplify adept, executive presence and instill client belief in Optimist’s position as a vital business/creative/thought partner and ally in achieving their marketing objectives. Develop deep understanding of clients’ organizations (e.g., portfolio, engagement process, culture, stakeholders) and marketing objectives, and build strong executive-level relationships.
Excellence in Execution: Translate marketing objectives into creative tactics by producing strategic and creative solutions that bring brands to life and meet set goals. Hands on production and creative execution as needed across the client portfolio.
- Direct cross functional teams and collaborate to build tactical needs of campaigns, inclusive of design, interactive, content, influencer, partnership strategies and deliverables
- Ongoing innovation research to identify new partners, solves, and tactics that enhance and evolve creative output
- Collaborate with agency leadership, creative services, strategy, account, and production teams to meet deliverables
- Present dynamic, engaging, and clear plans internally and with clients
- Concept, develop, manage and inspire top-level creative strategy to produce exceptional visual experiences
- Mentor, manage, and build creative talent so that the company is continually attracting and retaining top-level talent
- Proven track record of creative execution and direction with 10+ years of experience, agency experience preferred
- Understanding and past professional experience in experiential event design and brand experience
- Ability to think creatively and strategically about brand identity and translate into physical experiences
- Ability to own a room, gifted storyteller
- Intimate knowledge of the creative process from brand development and campaign to content and physical execution
- Proven ability to lead and mentor teams in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Confident leadership, communication, and organizational skills - including client and partner interaction
- Passionate about current trends, design, culture and technology
Who We Are
Optimist is an award-winning global collective of creatives, strategists, artists and entrepreneurs who move people, brands and culture forward to create impact. Our independent agency believes in making the impossible possible; and we're positive that optimism is the lifeblood of possibility. At our core, we celebrate diversity by allowing our distinct viewpoints to shape a shared vision. We're looking for people to join our team who share our commitment to challenging convention and making an impact. Interested candidates may submit a resume, portfolio and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.